Pandemic Update – 2
In addition to the ongoing program of the church which we detailed last week (see here), we are offering the following additions/restorations for the fall.
- The Women of the Church will return to on-site meetings in September. The annual kick-off event will be on September 12 at 10:00 AM (9:30 for hot beverages) in the sanctuary. The Tuesday Morning Bible Study will begin September 15 at 10:00 AM in Telfair Hall as well as ZOOM. The circles will not meet in the confined spaces of homes, but in public places and at the church. The Tuesday and Thursday morning circles will consolidate and meet on Thursday morning at Point Pleasant.
- Youth Ministry will resume youth group meetings on Wednesdays (beginning Sept. 2) for both middle and high school separately from 6:45-8:00 (following Youth
Choir rehearsal which begins at 5:45PM). No meal will be served for those youth not participating in choir. The MS/HS youth groups will resume eating dinner together in Telfair Hall on Sunday evenings after the PM worship service (beginning Sept. 13) and will then go to an activity time from 7:05-7:45PM in separate groups (MS and HS).
- The college ministry will meet for Bible study through the fall (until Thanksgiving week) on Monday nights beginning on August 31 in the Wilson-Axson parlor.
- As for the music ministry, the Sanctuary choir will not resume at this time. Youth Choir rehearsals will be held on Wednesdays, 5:45-6:40PM (beginning September 2). Chapel Choir will resume meeting on Sundays beginning September 13 from 7:00-7:45PM. The Handbell Choir will resume in late September (rehearsal time to be announced).
- The Garmer Bible Study will resume (via ZOOM) on September 15 from 7:00-8:00 PM.
- As for masks, though we are not requiring masks to be worn within our facilities, when you exit our building and are in public space, the City of Savannah Executive Order and Chatham County’s Executive Order now require a face mask/covering to be worn. Our governor’s encouragement is to wear your face mask or covering. Within our facilities and walking to our food service line, if you cannot maintain social distance, please respect others and wear a face mask/covering.
Terry L. Johnson